Sunday 8 December 2013

Long time since the last one!

What a miserable day! I have just returned from my midday walk with the dog Storm - dark stormy skies, cold wind, blowing drizzle. Wonderful - it's good to be able to get out!
And a bit of a mess-up with today's feast.  I am very pleased that I have been able to offer a Mass in honour of the Immaculate Conception in the Extraordinary Rite this morning, whereas my other Masses in the Novus Ordo were for the Second Sunday of Advent..  And of course I can celebrate the great feast again tomorrow in the Novus Ordo.  But I wonder why, when we can transfer Holydays of Obligation to the nearest Sunday, without worrying about the Sunday Mass, why we could not ignore this Sunday to celebrate the wonderful feast of the Immaculate Conception on its proper day. Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Father, pleased you back on line, never mind all this liturgical stuff, what's happening with Mr Heron!

    Paul@ryhope

    ReplyDelete