Saturday 9 October 2010

Barney Life No. 18 (posted 11/09/2010)



Every Monday and Tuesday I celebrate Mass at 7.30 in the evening.  Normally the Mass on 
Monday evening is a Novus Ordo Mass ad orientem (facing east, back to the people); but 
this Monday just gone, with the Novus Ordo and the Latin Mass calendars both registering a 
ferial day, I celebrated what we used to call a 'black Mass', a Daily Mass for the Dead.  I 
thought that it would be good for me (and for my servers) to become very familiar with the 
slight changes required for a Mass for the Dead.
The Mass on Tuesday evening is normally a Mass in the Extraordinary Form, as it is now 
called, the first Tuesday of each month being a Missa Cantata.  Our Sung Mass this past 
Tuesday had an extra singer just to help out both for my parts and the choir parts.  Every 
time I began to sing something, I was aware of a little voice joining in.  I eventually realised 
who it was - little Martha, just one year old and only, I think, the second time at a Latin 
Mass, trying to join in as best she knew how!
After Mass, we repaired to the presbytery for coffee and tea and chat, and this is her with 
her Mam and Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment